May 2016 Pictures

 May was a month of many new things. After almost a year of my boys and wife going "can we have a dog, can we have a dog" I finally gave in. After not much of a long search we came across a really nice organization that tries to re-home dogs, cats, rabbits and other smaller animals. Animal care were very good and not at all pushy, we could take as many dogs as we wanted for a walk (one at a time
of course), but it was our second one that the whole family, and yes me as well fell for. Liam, soon to be re-named Kylo is a cross breed Jack Russell with a lot of energy, but also just loves to chill and sit on you. He is 2 years old and loves to chase cat, also one of our neighbors has just got chickens which is driving him mad. We have only had him a month and he already feels so much part of the family it's like he has always been with us.


Finally got a new mobile. After loving the sony z1, I thought I would try something completely different. Smartwatches are becoming more and more available and they are starting to fix all the problems you have with the first and second generations, but I could not see myself paying £300 for a watch, then along comes a Huawei deal that was fantastic. Their new phone the P9 and their new watch W1 for less than I'm paying now, I only had to drop my data down to 2gb a month which I never go over 1 so not a problem there... Now I haven't worn a watch in almost 13 years, since my first son was born I took it off because I didn't want to catch it on him, and never put it back on. This has taken some getting use to but it has made such a difference, I hardly look at my phone now, most messages I quickly look at on my watch and that's it. I found if each time I got a message or email and used my phone, it was a case of well just while I'm here I will Facebook, g+, Instagram and twitter. Not anymore. Also love that I can chuck my phone in my bag and still text away on my watch.

 It was new bike time as well for me. My last one lasted 3 years, but I have run it into the ground. I worked out it would cost more money to fix all the things wrong with it then to buy a new one. After looking around and thinking what I really needed I decided I didn't need suspension, disc brakes or 20+ gears. What I needed was a nice smooth ride, old v-brakes and 6 gears work a treat.



 New Lego Disney Mini Figures were out this month, as of writing this we have five in the house to add to our ever growing collection, see album. My favorite at the moment is Maleficent, but I think I would like the Cheshire Cat if we get a chance :)  Check out the Mini-figures site for all here.




We got around to doing our first car-boot this year. We try to get two a year done, just a way of getting rid of things we don't need. They boys did great and made a fair bit of cash. I did ok, enough to get a few pc games I've been wanting(a post on that soon)


And last but not least, we got out and about with the dog for plenty of walks, and lots, and lots more to come.









Thanks for reading,
L.





Comments

Popular Posts