STAR CONTROL ORIGINS - FIRST BUILD




I picked up Star Control Origins about two months ago while still in very early access and at a very low price (£17). I believe I played the original all those years ago on a friends pc. At the time it really wasn't for me as a game, but as I have gotten older it's right on point. I just love games you can invest time in, and come back again and again.

 So far in this early access, there isn't much to it. They have only released the Star Control: Origins & Fleet Battles Modewhich in a short description is you can build a ship and take on AI or other players online. The fun part for me is making your own ship. They use almost the same system as Galactic Civilizations III ( well it is Stardock ) for this. You select parts from a list and they snap together on anchor points, you can then make them larger or smaller, rotate and flip. You can also change the main and secondary colours of your ship. Then you add first and second weapons, thrusters and engines all to a points system that allows you to play your ship in battles. It's nice and smooth and they have promised more ship parts as the beta goes on.
 Check out my first ship "ICE" which isn't doing to bad in the battles I have played. Though at the moment the building side of this is the fun part for me. Looking forward to the rest of the game when it's released.












Here is the game trailer with what is yet to come.





Comments

Popular Posts